Pages

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Christ for me, in me, and as me



ADVENT DEC. 11

“The disciples were first called Christians at Antioch”   Acts 11:26

How can it be that followers of Jesus Christ could be called Christians(little Christs)?  It is clear that something supernatural must take place for anyone to see Jesus in me.  Christ is the only begotten Son of God.  He is unique and no one can become who and what He is.  But His desire is to bring many sons to glory(Heb. 2:10). 

When a person first get saved he or she understands the fact that Christ is for me(Rom. 8:31, I Cor. 15:3).  Later on a believer realizes that Christ is in me(Col. 1:27).  The very mature Christian eventually discovers the truth of Christ as me(Gal. 2:20).  So the incarnation of God in Christ touches us and then it transforms us as He begins to express Himself in and through us.  When others see that the Word has become flesh in our flesh through the Holy Spirit they will trust the One who is in us, as us.  They will believe in Jesus Christ and we will know, as John the Baptist knew, that we are not the Light, we live to bear witness to the Light(Jn. 1:5-8).

This miracle takes place by the amazing grace of almighty God and our faith in Him.  This advent season let us be the little lights that point the way to the true Light who “coming into the world gives light to everyone”.(Jn. 1:9)

No comments:

Post a Comment